Spring is here and for some reason I feel a new level of energy and excitement. These last few weeks has been extremely busy and rushed at my 9-5 which translates to overwhelm and exhaustion in my marriage and motherhood. So I am definitely looking forward to all of the joy and peace that Spring brings.
Honestly, Spring is my second favorite time of year, next to summer (because hot mom summer never gets old). I love the freshness of the air (y’all could keep the pollen), the long spring evenings, the beautiful weather and the unspoken shift in everyone’s mood; including mines.
Since the beginning of the year, I have had five international trips and one local and to say that I have been living out of my suitcase and abandoning my responsibilities, as mom and wife, is an understatement. As we move into Q2, I have big goals for me and my family which will require me to not only be present, but to also be prepared, so I am using this new week to set goals, align and make sure that I am on track with the resolutions I set at the beginning of the year. This includes my fitness goals.
At the beginning of 2022, I signed up for the E2M program because I was tired of the consistent starting and stopping when it came to my fitness goals. The program is awesome, easy to commit to and made a huge difference and then I had too many cheat days and skipped so much sessions that I am back to my 2021 pandemic weight. Last week, my mom told me that it’s time to get serious about it because I look like I am carrying three people in my body(🙄). Now while I know she is being unnecessarily mean and aggressive for no good reason, I do know that it’s time to get back in control of what I am putting into my body. So as we usher in Spring, what better time to get started.
Life has been life-ing but I am committed to getting myself back on a routine along with meal prepping and doing the things I need to do to reach the goals that I have. Are you with me?!?! Let’s be accountability buddies! First step, let’s get organized! Here are five things I am doing this week to get myself all the way together:
- Clean out refrigerator & pantry. Getting rid of everything that is old, unhealthy and simply no longer needed. Cleaning out the shelves and preparing for a fresh start.
- Grocery shopping. We have been eating out so much lately, it’s very hard to choose healthy options. Grocery shopping forces me to cook which usually means healthier eating.
- Organized calendar. The kids are back to school every day which means I have the time to get things done. Organizing my life has been difficult managing them kids at home so them back in school face to face frees up time for me to work uninterrupted.
- Rest & Reset. I never understood what people meant when they said the best way to be productive is by resting, until I became a wife and mom. Doing everything while burnt out is 0/10 and I definitely do not recommend.
- Scheduling date night. I don’t know about y’all but I like my husband. I like hanging with him, laughing with him and all the things. So I am always happier when we are able to spend one-on-one time together without the kids.
What are you doing this week to end Q1 strong and get ready for Q2?
Sending out light and love as you Spring into this new month🌸💕💐